Saturday 3 November 2012

ART in Bristol

On Friday I decided to hop on the train to Bristol to check out the Art scene and see what was happening in this vibrant cultural city.  Had some great surprises in store including some encouraging news on studio spaces.
  I came across a gallery I hadn't seen before.  Inside there was a show of excellent paintings by Ivan Seal at Spike Island gallery.  An amazing space showing contemporary work, workshops, artists network and studio spaces with up to 70 artists working. 
  As I make the transition from the MA I followed at Falmouth, I am looking more towards the Bristol, Cornwall and Plymouth Art scene in the South West.  Exciting times as I keep looking for the allusive residencies to continue my practice and seek supply work in teaching art and see if i can get something going in Taunton to bridge the divide.
  In the meantime here is some work from Ivan and some work I saw at the Arnolfini.  Enjoy  :-)

http://www.spikeisland.org.uk/events/forthcoming/